DIRECT PRIMARY CARE
— Better care. Less expensive. Zero hassle. —
Sample patient scenarios.
Direct Primary Care is such a new concept that many can't believe that something so revolutionary could be right for them. We've provided some sample scenarios to help illustrate situations that you may find yourself in – and ways that Remedy Health can help.
At Remedy HealthYou Instead go to your Favorites and call Dr. Sudduth at Remedy Health. He answers the phone and you’re talking to him immediately. He asks you questions and makes some recommendations over the phone. He prepares a prescription for anti-nausea medication for your spouse to pick up at lunch and bring home to your kids. Dr. Sudduth calls you the next morning to check in on your family. Your kids have stopped vomiting and are holding their fluids down. He tells you about some warning signs for dehydration to watch out for and tells you to call with any concerns. You’re so thankful to have a personal physician on call when you need him and is flexible in meeting your family’s healthcare needs. You are so Happy.
- Four co-pays at your pediatrician’s office or a costly urgent care or ER bill
- A drive to the clinic or hospital
- Turning your carpool into a pool of vomit
At Remedy HealthDr. Street had your lab work done the previous week to prepare for your annual executive physical. The day of your visit, you are greeted personally and there’s no wait at the office. Twenty minutes into your visit, you are done talking about your cholesterol, blood pressure, and recommended cancer screenings. You want to ask about the other things on your mind and are told, “Sure, we still have 40 minutes. Tell me what’s going on.” All of your questions are heard without interruption, and all of your questions are answered. For the last 10 minutes of your visit, you have nothing left to ask that’s medical-related. Dr. Street asks about your grandson’s football games. You’re so happy you have someone you trust who cares about you and really listens to you as your doctor.
- $32 on lab fees if your normal lab had a $40 copay
- A second trip to the doctor to talk about testosterone and your stomach and back pain
- Extra time waiting for your appointment or for the doctor
At Remedy HealthYou notice a bump and you think it’s a bug bite. You take a picture of it and send it to Dr. Sudduth. You receive a text message back 10 minutes later that says it looks like a bug bite. You are asked for an updated photo the next day. The next day it looks worse. Dr. Sudduth sees the photo and tells you it looks like a skin infection. He asks if you can run by the office at your convenience to pick up some Bactrim, which only costs $1.00! Because of the rapid communication with your doctor, you improve over the next few days. You are thankful that you avoided an abscess because the problem was fixed early as it should be. You’re so happy you have your personal doctor to rely on.
- 1-2 days of time off work
- The hassle of having an open wound
- An expensive urgent care visit
- A lot of worry about something that thankfully didn’t progress to something worse
- Two copays at your doctor’s office
At Remedy HealthYou hear about the quality of direct primary care, and though you aren’t sure about how the pricing works out compared to traditional insurance, you choose to enroll your parents at Remedy Health for a total of $200/month. Before you sign up with Dr. Street, he comes to your parent’s house to meet with all of you and spends over an hour learning of your concerns and hearing about the type of care you desire for your parents. You’re encouraged by Dr. Street’s patience and personality, and the amount of time he spends with your parents. Above all, your parents mesh well with Dr. Street and understand everything he has to say. Dr. Street gives you his phone number and genuinely encourages you to call him anytime you have a question. You program his number into your phone and now have a resource to get trusted advice anytime you’re worried about your parents. You can now take better care of yourself, your parents, and your own family because of the assurance that comes with having your own personal physician just a phone call away.
- Countless hours of online research and trips to and from your parents’ doctors’ offices
- Time off work you were taking to take care of your parents
- Additionally, you have enormous peace of mind and your parents are happier with their care
At Remedy HealthYou hear from your friend that there’s a new type of medical practice in town where direct primary care is offered at an affordable rate. You investigate online and find out that you, your wife, and your 3 small children can have unlimited access to an experienced doctor for just $180 per month. You’re still concerned about protecting yourself financially, so you switch your insurance plan to one that provides catastrophic coverage just in case something terrible happens, and you decide to pay for the direct primary care membership. You beginning seeing Dr. Sudduth and can now call or text your own personal physician anytime you have a medical question. You thought it was only the way things used to be done a long time ago, but Dr. Sudduth even comes to your house at no extra charge anytime one of your kids is sick. You are simply amazed.
- Several thousands of dollars a year on the insurance plan that was crippling your budget
- You now have peace of mind and easy access to a doctor who does whatever it takes to keep you and your family healthy
At Remedy HealthDr. Street feels a mass in your abdomen during your annual executive physical. He recommends getting a CT scan of your abdomen. You agree, so Dr. Street steps out of the room and calls the radiology clinic and explains the situation. They agree to see you today. You go there directly and have the CT done. The radiologist calls Dr. Street directly. Dr. Street informs you of the unfortunate finding of cancer and you are crushed. Dr. Street promises to fight this with you at every step along the way. You want to fight, so he calls one of the best surgeons in Oklahoma who agrees to see you immediately. The surgeon asks you to pick up a few things at home and hydrate so you’re ready for surgery the next day. You prepare for the fight of your life and are so thankful to have Dr. Street by your side.
- Endless frustration with the insurance system
- Several days waiting for diagnoses
- You leave with peace of mind knowing that you have the best doctor on your side who is willing to fight for you - and that you’re not lost in a messy system beyond your control. You are optimistic rather than pessimistic about your future.
At Remedy HealthBefore you decide whether to let two people go or cut everyone’s health insurance, you hear about this new “direct primary care” practice in Tulsa. They have an insurance expert who helps you hammer out a high-deductible catastrophic policy and an ERISA health insurance plan for your company. You offer to pay half of your employee’s $60 monthly fee while they cover the other half. Your group of approximately 50 people are covered by this plan then go three years (!) without an insurance plan under the 24/7/365 care provided by Dr. Sudduth. There are no claims for doctor visits, urgent care, the ER, medications, or labs…nothing. Your insurance premiums subsequently drop 60%. You take an average of $70,000 of the nearly $100,000 ERISA plan and roll it over year to year to help re-fund it every year. This allows you to use that $70k somewhere else, such as the profit side of the ledger. You wonder why nobody has done this before!
- Having to decide between eliminating health benefits or cutting people’s jobs
- Delayed growth of your business. Instead you were able to increase your own profits and provide your workers with an even higher quality of health benefits
At Remedy HealthYou are a member of a direct primary care practice for just a monthly membership fee of $80. You establish care with Dr. Street and experience unprecedented access to your doctor. You can text him or FaceTime whenever needed. On top of that, wholesale medications are available right out of the office - you don’t even have to go to the pharmacy! The total cost out of pocket for your meds is now just $40 per month. You realize that by joining the practice, you’ve saved over $100 per month on your medications - including the membership fee! You haven’t even counted the quarterly lab charges you’re saving and you have much better care than you did before. You can’t believe how it’s possible to get such great care at such an affordable price!
- $20 per month to put in your pocket. You were paying $140 for medications alone, but now you get your medications and unlimited access to your personal physician for just $120 per month.
- You get better quality, more personalized care and more convenient medicine at a lower price than what you were already paying.